Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Great Adventure!

If you have been following my blog, you know that the last few weeks have been somewhat challenging! Not only am I a new mother to a 7-week old Georgia, but I have been potty training Riley on top of that.

Georgia has unfortunately not been a great napper for me - started off good, but has gone down hill fast. She likes to wake up after only 45 minutes and cry it out for the rest of the time. Doesn't do so well for me emotionally. Then add on top of that taking Riley to the potty every 3 minutes, because she isn't sure if she needs to go!

In addition, Corey started a new job in May and has been pretty much slammed since he started. His office is in Kinston, so he leaves home every morning at 7:30 and typically gets home around 7:00. It makes for a very long day for me!!

So for the last couple of weeks I have been feeling very defeated. I have been crying out to the Lord for some relief, but have felt like he has been absent. And then it was like something slapped me in the face - since having Georgia I have only been in my word a couple of times. It is kind of hard for the Lord to rescue me if I don't use the life vest he has thrown me. So, today as soon as I got both girls down for nap, I went straight to my knees. I laid everything at the Lord's feet and asked for a fresh revelation from his word.

He lead me to read Joshua 1:1-9. The Lord is speaking to Joshua as he is about to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land. Joshua is very anxious and so the Lord says to him, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" and "Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." These two stood out to me the most and really spoke to the struggles I have been having. In the study notes of my bible, it says the following: "Every new job is a challenge. Without God it can be frightening. With God it can be a great adventure."

I have been trying so hard to do this new job of mothering two little ones without God. My prayers have been for the Lord to make this easier (help Georgia nap, give Riley an obedient spirit, etc.) which isn't wrong, but I have found myself frustrated when he doesn't oblige. I have been listening to the lies of the enemy and allowing him to still my joy. Instead, what I need to do is trust in the Lord to give me victory over the situation and to have peace regardless, so that I can experience the "great adventure" that he has me in!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - so true and good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while I get a chance to read a blog- so happens I just read yours. I was encouraged and excited to see how God's Word is ALIVE and ACTIVE in your life. He is our true source of strength and I am going to pray that you will be able to find peace in the midst of craziness, and joy in the midst of hard moments with the girls. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete