Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to Blogging!!

Well, I am back to blogging again, and hoping this time I can be consistent!! I started this blog about a year ago and have been on again/off again with it since I started. While I really enjoy blogging, it always seems hard to find the time to keep it up. But I am determined to stick with it this time.

The last time I blogged was almost 3 months ago. At that time, Corey had just started his new job and I was coming home full-time to prepare for the arrival of our 2nd baby girl. Since that last post so much has happened in our lives, so I will give a quick overview.

Georgia Reese Brown arrived on July 7th - 3 days past her due date. She had to be delivered via c-section because she was breach. While most people would have been disappointed with that news, I was a little relieved. During Riley's delivery I suffered a cervical tear which lead to a pretty severe hemorrhage which lead to a blood transfusion. So, needless to say, when I was preparing for Georgia's arrival, I prayed continuously for a complication free delivery. So, when the ultrasound revealed that she was breach, I felt like the Lord had orchestrated it so that I wouldn't have to experience anything like before. Dr. Stephenson even tried to externally turn Georgia, but she wasn't budging. It seemed like a clear message to me that this was the way the Lord wanted her to enter the world.



What's even more awesome about Georgia's arrival is that her cousin, Reagan, arrived 4 1/2 hours after her. Kellie was due on July 2nd and while I was getting prepped for the c-section, she was at the doctor's office getting checked. They sent her on to the hospital to have her water broken and within a few hours she was delivering!! Our in-laws were beside themselves having two new grand-daughters on the same day!!

Since Georgia's arrival, things have been crazy!! Riley turned 2 on July 23rd, and we had a Sesame Street birthday party for her at our house. Alot of our friends joined us to help her celebrate and although it was the hottest day of the year (110 degree heat index), we all had a great time!

Then, the first week of August we spent the whole week at the beach with the Brown family!! It was chaos having five kids 4 and under, but we made the most of it and had a great time! I wanted to share a quick lesson I learned the hard way. Kellie and I both agreed that we would take the newborns on the beach - otherwise we would never see the sun. So, we decided that camping out under the pier would be the best option, as it would provide the most protection from the sun. Boy was I wrong. I had Georgia in her carrier, with the canopy pulled over top and sitting under the pier the entire time, and she still got sun burned on her face. I was devastated. I was doing everything I knew to do to protect her, but it still wasn't enough. I have since learned that under the pier is one of the worst places to be - apparently because of a combination of the reflection of the sun off of the sand and the wind whipping underneath. Luckily, her face has healed perfectly, and it will be the last time it sees the sun for a long time!


And, now that we are back from the beach, I decided to really jump off the cliff and start potty training Riley!! Let me tell you - it has been a crazy two days, but is turning out to be a resounding success. The Lord has given me tons of grace and we are making it work, but I will be glad to be over this hurdle!!

So, until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment