Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Answered Prayer

So, I have had every intention of keeping my blog updated, but I think I underestimated how challenging being a mother of 2 would be. These little ones are keeping me busy so I don't have as much time as I would like to blog, but I know this is just a season, and soon enough more time will come!!

But, today I am lucky because both girls are sleeping at the same time - Praise Jesus!! So, I thought I would share about a huge answer to our prayers.

On September 7th I took Georgia in for her 2 month check up. I assumed everything would be routine, but towards the end of our visit, Nancy, our PA, asked if I had noticed anything wrong with Georgia's left arm. She thought that it was looking weaker than her right and she wasn't fisting like she did with her right. The only thing I had noticed was that her hand turned in slightly, but I figured it was just an awkward newborn thing that would go away as she grew. So, then Dr. Stewart comes in and says she is concerned as well - that there seemed to be less muscle definition and obvious weakness in that arm. They suggested we go to East Carolina Neurology for further observation. Needless to say, I left their in tears, worried that my sweet little girl had something serious going on.

They scheduled us an appt with East Carolina Neuro for September 20, and then physical therapy for September 27. So, Corey and I began praying that the Lord would heal her harm before she ever went for these follow up visits. And, as no surprise, at both appointments they couldn't find anything wrong with her arm!! We will follow back up in a few weeks just to be for sure, but we are praising God for healing our sweet girl!!

As a side note, Dr. Stewart happened to see me swaddle Georgia as we were wrapping up our visit. I use the "Miracle Swaddler" blanket, as many other moms do. She was appalled that they recommend swaddling their arms at their side, instead of across their chest. She was even concerned that swaddling Georgia that way could have caused whatever was going on with her arm, because it was pulling it to an unnatural position, and may have stressed a nerve or something. So, when I met with the physical therapist, I showed it to her and asked her about it and she agreed that a baby should never be swaddled with their arms at their side, but across their chest. So, I am still using the "Miracle Swaddler" blanket, but am now positioning Georgia's arms across her chest when I wrap.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that about the miracle swaddler! I loved that thing with Isaac. I will have to keep that in mind for the future! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete