Monday, October 11, 2010

3-D Vision

No matter how many times he does it, I am always amazed at how the Lord knows exactly what we need to hear and when we need it. As I have shared before, I have had a challenging couple of months adjusting to life as a Mommy of two. While Georgia has been a great night sleeper, she just can't quite get the hang of napping, which throws a major kink in my seriously Type A lifestyle!! So, week after week I tried everything I could think of to help her nap - put her down earlier, put her down later, CIO, etc. - all to no avail. I finally gave up and just decided to stick to a eat, awake, sleep cycle, no matter how short it was. And instead of reading any of my "sleep" books, I just laid it all at the Lord's feet. But, then I began to get frustrated because I felt like he wasn't answering my prayers. Day after day I would come before him, crying out for help, and yet there was no answer and no reprieve.

So, the Sunday before last, we were in church, and Pastor Mike spoke about 3-D vision, and boy was it what I needed to hear. He spoke about Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead and how when Jesus arrived, Martha said to him, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died," as if he had arrived too late. This is where the first D comes in - Delay. The Lord often delays answering our prayers because he wants to lead us to a place of Development (the 2nd D). He is not denying our request, however, he wants to increase our ability to trust in him - can we wait or are we going to try to take matters into our own hands. And lastly, the 3rd D, is Deliverance. The Lord will deliver us from whatever it is we are walking through, but it will be on his timing. In the case of Lazarus, it appeared to Mary that Jesus was too late, because her brother had been dead for 4 days when he arrived. But, that wasn't the case, he delayed coming to develop a greater trust in Mary, and then ultimately his deliverance comes when Lazarus is raised from the dead.

Each day presents new challenges, but I know that the Lord is doing a great work in me and that my deliverance is ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment